Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 29 August 2006

Cart a box

Well I went to the CBD gym last night and it was good.

I had time before the class to warm up on a treadmill, so I did a quick 3km, and then went upstairs to wait for the class. I found a spot on the side. I actually prefer to be fairly near to the front, but always stay on the side.

The instructor arrived 'MichaelB'. I have done kata box with 5 instructors before, Norman, Neil, Lindi, Arno and Vuysile. Vuysile is brilliant - I call him Wesley Snipes. He has gone away for a 6 weeks now though. He does quite a pumping class with LOUD music. Norman is very hyper and quirky, so he is fun, but he made us do push-ups which I can never do try as I might. I loved Neil because he did a martial-artsy class with lots of variety each week, including some cool Matrix-type moves. I'd often almost break my ankle, but it was fun to imagine you were training for tomb raider or something (ok, maybe that was just me...LOL), plus I think Neil is pretty hot. Lindi is ok, but her classes are more aerobicy than anything else and she does too much high impact for me. TMI* Alert, I love high energy but I can't do high impact. Star jumps are my worst. Let's just say after birthing several giants my bladder just does not like that at all. ;)

Arno was a bit wishy washy so his class never really made an impact. Neil was my longest standing instructor, but he left about 2 months ago, and I had really got into Vuysile's style, so I was skeptical about MichaelB. Well I was pleasantly surprised. He sort of combined all the elements I liked about the other instructors. He was funny and quirky, hyper, had cool loud music, had a varied routine which required some co-ordination and concentration, had some pumping endurance intervals, AND not too much high impact. W00t!

By the end of the class I was wet from sweat, my thighs were sore already and I felt great! There's another class same time on Thursday, so I may try to get to that.

I left at 18:40 expecting to fly home when. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! WTF! $%#@&^%$$#@%%!!!! The road was still solid bumper-to-bumper traffic OMMFG! NO WAY. What gives? The N2 looked like Friday 16:30, so there was no way I was going that way. I decided on the N1 instead, which while full was at least moving. I think it took 25 minutes and I got home at about 19:05, still at least 30 minutes earlier than I would have got home, so not awful, but I had really expected the traffic to be gone by then. It was raining so I am really hoping it was a once off thing. I'll try again to see.

* TMI = Too much information

1 comment:

  1. lol - I SO don't miss the traffic in CT!

    Are you ready for my visit?

    ReplyDelete