Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 15 August 2006

I have run to Bloemfontein!

It sounds kind of impressive when I put it like that doesn't it?

I have been keeping track of my running distances as I do them (in very small increments) since 25 September 2005.

As of yesterday I crossed the 1000km mark!

Go me!

I am super impressed with myself, as this time last year I still believed that I could never be a runner. I would never have thought I would have kept it up as consistently as I have, nor did I expect to really enjoy it. Plus I have done it all by myself. I do think my MP3 player has played a large part in this. I am so glad I got it. (Funnily enough it is actually on its last legs and ready to be replaced.)

I have now even taken the bold step of entering myself into 2x 10km runs which are comming up soon. The Spar ladies race and the ever popular Gun Run, as well as the Blisters for Bread 10km fundraising charity walk.

According to my research if I had kept going along the N1 I would be in Bloemfontein by now.
Cape Town - Bloemfontein: 998km

So I should be in Johannesburg in about 4 months or so.

6 comments:

  1. Well done Janey! You are officially hooked on running, either that or you have way too much time on your hands!!!!
    ANyway, bored or not, I think your blogs are brilliant and i look fwd to reading them!!! lol. I started mine up on bebo yesterday but that website sort of stinks for those so i found myself a space on blogger. lol. not mastered the art of content yet!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just to tell you i have only run 818km since Sept last year!!!! So you are well on your way to JOBURG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant Jane!!! You are an inspiration for me. I must say that I wouldn't be able to jog without music. No way...I just use my cellphone though lol Should get me an MP3 player.

    My goal is to run 10 km races. Still have a long way to go though

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! listen, hon, USE my car! I'm in London, I'm not using it, please...stop this hitching shit! aikona wena! you're going to wear out those lovely legs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave, you are too kind really...and I would love to give Patsy a seeing to :P

    Howveer I am desperatey trying to get my legs to match my anime... http://janewsblog.blogspot.com/2006/05/ani-me.html
    so I must continue my plodding towards Jozie and be-yond!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you want to emulate a cartoon? oh honey! my therapist in Cape Town's number is...

    ReplyDelete