Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 22 September 2006

Gunning for Running

Three posts today - woo hoo!
I'll probably get fired later , so I hope you (who have been hassling me for blog updates) are happy :P

As previously mentioned I am competing in the Gun Run 10km on Sunday. I am not sure how well I will do though, as unlike with the Spar Ladies Race where I trained every day before the event and was looking forward to it, this week I have done very little, and I feel like doing even less.

Also I have no feeling of hype or anticipation this time at all. I am hoping that when I register and collect my race numbers tomorrow this will change. For now I feel bloated, gassy, sick, tied and very blah. Sometimes being female really sucks!

Maybe going bowling in sexy
clown bowling shoes and some obligatory tequillas will improve my outlook on life, it certainly won't make it worse...

3 comments:

  1. You have two more sleeps till sunday and i am sure you will feel better by then! You also have a new car to look forward to so enjoy!!!
    See you tomorrow afternoon if you are still up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new fabulous car Jane.

    I can't run.... I will knock myself out... but I've started my walking again that I started four years ago.. I have not done anything in a month but yesterday and today.. so far, so good! 8km in two days. Yay for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! New posts! WOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Hope your run went fabullusly - I look forward to the spots to come re the harship, the stress, the sheer gutsy determination and final success at finding a parking space before the race, then the actual race story itself!

    (your verification is sgybf - soggy beef? my fav!)

    ReplyDelete