Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 22 September 2006

Pandamonium

I am getting my Panda today!

It is being personally delivered to me by my trusty (rusty?) car salesman Rustum late this afternoon. So my very first experience driving it will be getting home in the worst traffic of the week - Friday afternoon mayhem. Expect panda-monium. Yee-ha!
It is metallic blue (Called Beebop Blue), very similar to my Hyundai actually, but I can't find a pic of one in the right colour, I will take photos over the week-end.

The interior looks like this (obvously with the driver's side on the right though). It's quite different to most cars I have seen before, with the light grey dash, and innovatively placed gear lever - raised, and protruding from the centre dash console, rather than between the seats. It means you are not elbowing your passenger all the time - unless you want to of course, but that's different. The car is narrow enough, that you could proably row out of both side at once (remember that Dave?), but seems wide enough that the driver and passenger don't feel too close and in each other's space.

I am not sure what we'll be up to for the rest of the week-end, but I am not gog to schedule too much, I'll rather let it slowly unfold as it happens.

So far Richard and I are going out with my colleagues tonight for a Ten Pin Bowling social. It will probably be more fun than it sounds.

Then I have the Gun Run on Sunday morning, and the boys will be going to the Ysterplaat airshow. Griffin is especially excited about seeing the SAAB Gripen (Swedish for Griffen I am told) jets. I am excited that I will not be going. Much as I can appreciate the engineering brilliance of a good aircraft, the noise and crowds I can do without...

Hopefully there will be much relaxing, reading and forest walking this week-end too, and perhaps some gardening too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! New Car! Thats Exciting! Didnt realise you had made up your mind about which one.!! How cool!
    TEN PIN BOWLING! you get to wear those sexy hot shoes! lol. Its fun though.
    I actually also am very excited about seeing the Gripen, i love the airshow, dont appreciate paying to go in and walk about, but i would love to just park off there in the sun and watch these fighter planes, its so TOP GUNNISH and i always feel a lump in my throat when they play the TOP Gun song when the fastest plane comes over usually the Cheetah or something or other. I will probably be sitting in my garden watching though, as 9 out of 10 of them usually come flying over, its very exciting, although the dogs dont like it much! Usually its over one day only, now its Sat and SUn this year i believe. I dont mind it really, only once a year! I am such a TOP GUN junkie! But dont ask me anything about the names of the planes and what they can do. I only heard about that GRIPEN and looking fwd to seeing it, if i can even tell it apart from the rest! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! I have come over all queer in the throes of new car giddyness!

    Enjoy your new baby - let us know it's name immediately!

    Remember how we would go rowing down the streets in your little yellow monster? I loved that! heheh haven't done that in years and can't wait to do it in your Panda when I get to CT in December! Yay!

    ReplyDelete