Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 3 November 2006

Lonely, I'm Mrs Lonely.

So the month of singledom starts today.

Although at 04:30 this morning it couldn't start quickly enough, as Richard was snorting and banging around the house while I was desperately trying to get back to sleep! I will never understand why he will rather get up in the middle of the night and pack, shower, shave, dress, check e-mails etc etc. Rather than pack everything up the night before and then be able to sleep in and get up 15 miutes before it's time to go... *shrug* I am an early organiser and he is a last minute kind of guy.

Anyway so at 5:45 he was gone, and I am on my own. Thankfully our trusty nanny - who was sick 2 days this week and had me nervous, was there in plenty of time, so despite tears from both kids (I think they felt unsettled? Because both cried over nothing) we got out of the house on time and I got both boys dropped at their respective schools like clock work. It was then that the heavens opened up and caused a slow trek in to work from then on, but I still got in at more or less my usual time and our morning meeting was cancelled anyway so it was fine.

Now I just have to see if I can get back early enough in the evenings to collect the kids, and as long as the nanny arrives everyday and can walk to collect Griffin at 15:30 that should work fine.

1 day down, 26 to go...

p.s. I am not really as negative about this as it may seem, the boys and I are going to be having lots of fun too, but the daily logistics have to be figured out first and then the fun will slot in.

2 comments:

  1. aw! so then, trips to hot nightclubs, parties at Eclipse and sleepovers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures in the days to come....and they clearly have started judging by your absence in the forest yesterday....lol

    ReplyDelete