Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 15 December 2006

Techie Challenge

I want to put together a web site. I'd like a CMS type set-up so that it is easy to manage and update and organise etc. Also so that I can use templates instead of having to rely on my own very limited artistic skills.

So the first 2 which come to mind are:

Drupal and Joomla

I your own words tell me which of these I should choose (or another better option?) and why**.

Ok, START!

** Note that while I may have an Ubuntu machine at home to work from, I will most likely need to use whcihever is chosen on a windows machine at least some of the time...

4 comments:

  1. Neither - use WordPress (http://wordpress.org ) - joomla etc are way too complicated - will take you a few weeks/months to get acquainted. WordPress can help you control the pages on your entire site, and have a blog to boot. If you need help with any of this, I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.. followed a link from supermom's blog.

    Use Wordpress, you can export all your entries from Blogger into Wordpress, including comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi carthik and shutterjane, thanks for the comments, I'll take a look at wordpress and see what I think.

    Note that it's not for my personal blog but for another venture I am looking into, so I'll want it to look a bit more slick and professional, however if it blows my socks off I'd consider moving this blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is done with Joomla, which I have no clue how to change.

    ReplyDelete