Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 15 January 2007

My baby came home injured :(

When I called to check on arrangements for getting Griffin back today I was told he had had a bit of an accident - falling out of the bed, and had bitten his lip, but was fine.

Well this is how I found him! :(

He had decided to sleep on the top bunk with the 2 girls he was staying over with, and he fell out the bed in the middle of the night. He said he woke up and cried, but then climbed back up there and went back to sleep again!

He is being a real trooper, and is quite perky despite admitting that it was and is pretty painful. I gave him some Arnica pillules and put some 'monkey blood' on the broken inner-lip skin. His chin has a carpet graze from the fall. I am a bit annoyed that there was no guard rail on the bed. Admittedly their children don't seem to fall out the bed, but still at this age I think it is still necessary.

It's pretty swollen and sore-looking!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I think it is!

    He was a trooper though, and his brother was oh so sweet and attentive last night, even washing him in the bath, speaking sweetly to him, and then reading him a bedtime story. But that's not all, he even let Griffin see the pictures! (He is funny about that sometimes...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! They should definitely still have bedrails for the top bed! My kids beds aren't even stacked on top of each other as I'm too scared that they will fall off. I'll probably do it once Zander moves into their room. So weird to say that lol We have enough bedrooms to give each child their own but I'm convinced for now they will want to share a room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it looks terrible and so sore - I wish him a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame man! What will the kids at school think? lol! Bully?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melany: Our bunk beds are stacked and have been since my kids were 2 & 4 but we have a fixed rail on the top bunk and a clip on rail on the bottom.

    I don't allow them to play on the beds, especially the top, and particularly when friends are over, as that can quickly turn into a push and shove match.

    Both my boys roll around a lot when they sleep. To the point where I can't sleep with them any more. They roll over me and hit me etc. I don't see the point of removing the railing, in fact I'd feel more secure having a railing if I was going to sleep up there.

    Lindy: Hopefully they aren't thinking his mom beats him! In fact hopefully Claire and the other teachers aren't thinking that! I have been giving him Arnica though and it already looks MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete