Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 5 February 2007

Babies no more.

I suddenly realised last night that babyhood has completely left my house.

We have no more nappies, baby clothes, baby toys, baby furniture or baby bodies.

Griffin has suddenly gone from a baby talking, chubby, toddler, to a board-flat tummied, toned, tanned, garrulous and assertive little boy. He can now write his name, colour in the lines, swim, make his own toast (cut into neat little squares), recite his address and phone number, and will express a considered opinion on almost any topic.

When did that happen?

I miss the chubby cheeks, stick-out baby belly, and thigh rolls ;)

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Time stands still for nobody!!!!! I am still coming to terms with the fact that its already FEBRUARY 2007!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I am NOT a great fan of the "baby stage".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those baby pics. I love love babies. I'm going to find it really hard not to have a baby in the house

    ReplyDelete
  4. broom girl: I don't think I enjoyed the babyhood stage completely - mostly because lack of sleep and me are not very compatible, and my babies were frequent wakers. Looking at the pics I feel I would enjoy it more now. I think I totally understand why grand-parenting has the good name it does. You really get to enjoy them with no feeling like a zombie or endless responsibility and fretting.

    mel: yes it is odd. Although I LOVE where they are now, and they are so responsive and interactive and fun, I do get the sense that we are already approaching 'min-dae' with them, and I am savouring their cuddles and snuggles now because they won't last forever...

    ReplyDelete