Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Sunday 18 May 2008

Look what I can do!

The Scorpion pose or 'Vrischika-asana'

http://www.santosha.com/asanas/scorpion.html

This has been the very hardest pose for me to achieve in yoga. It took me 9 years to feel confident enough to even try it, and now after 10 years of doing yoga I can actually do it without feeling like I am going to collapse & break my neck. I used to think I needed a paramedic on standby just to attempt it Wink


(Thanks to Quinn for the photos. I was feeling very blah and emo earlier, and some fooling around made me feel better. Then I decided to try this and asked Q to take photos so I could see what I look like).

It takes loads of mental strength & will power (because it's scary to attempt it) and, a lot of arm & shoulder girdle strength.



Ultimately it should be done away from a wall and with feet resting on head... maybe in a another 10 years...

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo-oh impressed. It has inspired me to start up with yogalates again. I won't be doing the scorpion anytime soon though. I think I would do myself a serious injury :-)

    ReplyDelete