Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Sunday 16 November 2008

Landmarks 6km Fun Run - Take 4

The first race I ever ran was the Landmarks 6km Fun Run in 2005, I have run it every year since, so this year was my 4th time.

Despite some pretty stop-start running, fitness and general state of mind over the past 6 months, I think I am not doing too badly at the moment. My body is not in terrible shape, but I could and should work a bit harder at cardio fitness and endurance training, but still all things considered I am ok.

So off I went this morning feeling cautiously optimistic that I would do ok. Ok I was arrogantly optimistic... sprouting statements like 'Expect a new land speed record today'.

Anyhow the race started and despite a bit of annoying wind the conditions were pretty good and I mostly enjoyed the run. It is my home turf and I know the area and route VERY well. In fact when I came through the water point at Sportsman's Warehouse, I grabbed two waters and when running through the tables flanked by supporters I lifted my arms up as if I had just won an Olympic medal. It drew some whoops and cheers and applause from the assembled crowd and gave me a bit of a boost for the second half slog back to WPCC.

I finished the 6km in what I think is a respectable 30:40. I just checked my previous results and I have improved every year.

Date Dist
Time Speed min/KM
Nov-05 6 35.00 10.3 5.83
Nov-06 6 31.20 11.5 5.20
Nov-07 6 31.15 11.6 5.19
Nov-08 6 30.40 11.8 5.07

Think I can get a sub 30 next year?

The boys also did their little 750m race again, and were rewarded with ice-lollies this time.

It was a good race and I felt great after that. In fact I felt quite hyped and fiesty. When driving to the shop to get some groceries and then home afterwards. I felt like racing and doing advanced driving... I definitely need to get back to the track soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Well done Jane!
    That is a really good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, especially considering the month you've had!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO well done Jane :)

    Definately think you can go below 30 next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chill-pill is clearly working! Curious about Mr A????

    ReplyDelete