Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Sunday 14 November 2010

Find the good and praise it.

Find the good and praise it.” — Alex Haley

The gratitude posts are back - and with a vengeance today!

So today is 8 days after breaking my ankle and for the first time I was overwhelmed by frustration and helplessness. There were a few things I was trying to arrange and do and none of them was working. I'd been stuck at home since Friday and just wanted and needed to get OUT, as did poor old helpful and long suffering Griffin. I eventually ended up having a good old cry. I was just tired of the constant pain, being 'disabled' and just not being able to do ANYTHING normally anymore. It's a huge adjustment. Normally if I am frustrated or stressed I go for a run. Now I don't even know if or when I'll be able to do that again!? :(

But 2 friends really came through in a big big way today.

So today I am hugely thankful to/for:
- Mat - for going above and beyond any call of duty and coming to our rescue when I had already given up trying to get Griff & I to the D7 & Goldfish concert in the park. I had tried every avenue I could think of and then some but had come up with nothing. When Mat called and said he was coming to collect us. Mat who was just in ICU with a life threatening condition and who was just released from hospital on Friday. The man is a legend - although I can officially drink more than he can. :P (But seriously take it easy Mat! Throttle yourself from now please. You showed great restraint today I must say. Impressive.)
- Suzanne (and Wouter & Wouterjie & Karienjie) for being super duper major awesome. The visit from you guys was amazing. You guy rock so much. Each one of you are just so full of life and sparkle and zest and spirit. Love you guys lots. But BEST of all was how all 4 of you willingly traded your beloved 'Lightning McQueen' automatic car for my Lil Old 'Luigi'. Words can not express my gratitude for that. You guys have literally given me back some freedom and independence and that is priceless!

There truely are some incredible people out there and I am blessed to know them! <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Awesome mates you have, I hope the recovery is getting quicker every day.

    ReplyDelete