Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 25 July 2011

Quinntrepreneur

This child of mine... He is certainly going to make his way in the world I think. He somehow always has a deal and scheme on the go...

As you probably know there are many kids for whom cash is not an issue, they routinely have tuck-shop pre-orders or R50-100 on hand to spend on what they wish.

My kids don't - for obvious reasons. My 2 are lucky to get R20 each during food-fair week to spend for the whole week. They don't often get tuck-shop money AT ALL. Anyway, I do kind of like it that way because the result is that when they do get money they do tend to save it for something they really want (like a game or something) and not just on tuck. But you know, the lure of the tuck shop is admittedly pretty strong.

So this evening Quinn was telling me about something new at the tuck shop this week that he had today and how cheap but yummy it was. So I asked how he bought it and he told me he gets R2 a week, well actually R3 from this week, because he has a deal with his friend Thomas. He writes Thomas' homework diary entry for him daily and he gets R2 a week for that, and from today he neatens his desk too for an extra R1. LOL. He also gets Thomas' pre-order items if Thomas doesn't like/want them. He said he had riblets and mielies the other day (YUM). This child never ceases to amaze me. 8)

1 comment:

  1. I think it is brilliant that he thinks his way to these things.

    ReplyDelete