Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Sunday 14 August 2011

Arigato, Gracias, Merci, THANK-YOU!

“So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.” Helen Keller

I already posted about our story winning the Liberty - Own Your Life Competition, where we won R5000! I am still so full of awe and gratitude about that. It was so unexpected and came at JUST the right time. I was pretty much having a break down in the week I got the news and just wanted to give up. This was the sign I needed that, everything will indeed be alright. I just need to KEEP GOING and focus on the good stuff.

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation." -Brian Tracy

The boys have decided it is our 'Thailand Holiday Fund' and they have since sold stuff and saved a further R1200 to contribute to this. The hope is that in a bout a year's time (4 years since the first/last time I was able to take them) we'll be able to go again. We'll need at least R25 000 though and that's a for a budget no frills holiday. But they work hard and save really well and really know how to focus on a target and do without to achieve a bigger goal, so I think we may just be able to do it...


"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life." -Christiane Northrup

Anyway I was called to meet with some of the wonderful Liberty people involved who were down from JHB early on Friday morning. They wanted to meet me and do a hand-over of one of those huge cheques (I'll post photos if I get them), they really were so warm friendly. But that's not all, as I was leaving they handed me a pretty pink gift bag...

When I got to work I had a look inside and OH. EM. GEE. It contained a voucher for a spa right near my house - one I have been eyeing for years but could just not justify the expense of going to - and the voucher is for.... a facial, massage, manicure and pedicure. *FEINT* Wow, wow, WOW!!!!

Thank-you, Thank-you, thank-you.

How very very lucky am I? Wow, Thank-you so much I am so humbled and grateful. Thank-you Tertia and Liberty. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart!


“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment